In order to ensure the safety of our students, mechanics, staff and instructors, we have implemented additional safety measures we are following at the hangar and while flying.
– Students and employees who have symptoms (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) must notify their flight instructor or their supervisor and stay home.
– Students and employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 must stay home, notify their flight instructor or their supervisor and follow CDC recommended precautions.
– Students and employees who show signs of sickness not related to COVID-19 must notify their flight instructor or their supervisor and stay home.
– Vulnerable individuals with underlying health conditions must consult your medical provider before returning to LIFT Academy. Students who are denied a return will be approved for a training postponement.
– Avoid socializing in groups of more than ten people.
– Meetings, breakout sessions and flight briefings will be delivered via Microsoft Teams or phone calls.
– Minimize your time at the hangar. Your attendance at LIFT must only occur if you are flying or you are assigned a work shift.
– Individuals providing student and employee pick-up and drop-off must remain outside of the hangar. Only badged students and employees can access the building.
– Increase physical space between students and employees, maintaining a 6-foot distance from others.
– Telework will continue for assigned employees and specific departments.
– Eliminate congregating in the lobby, kitchenette area, hallways and doorways.
– Please ENTER LIFT through the main lobby door and please EXIT LIFT through the back-hangar door (see map below).
– We understand social distancing can be hard to maintain in both our hangar and the aircraft. To prevent the spread of germs, we are requiring all students and employees to where face masks while at LIFT Academy.
– The hangar door will be left open while the maintenance staff is onsite. This will increase ventilation rates and the percentage of outdoor air that circulates into our facility.
– Perform prebriefs and debriefs at the aircraft if weather allows.
– Wash hands or use sanitizer stations when entering the building, before and after flights, after bathroom use and after touching your face.
– Posters encouraging hand hygiene will be placed in every bathroom and near sinks throughout the hangar.
– Handshaking is discouraged at this time.
– Avoid touching your face or touching objects with unclean hands.
– Recommend cleaning your phone, iPad or laptop frequently, as these can
be considered contaminated objects.
– Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and place in a waste basket.
– If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
– Recommend taking your temperature before reporting for your work shift or flight. Stay home if temperature is higher than 100.0 F.
– Visitors are restricted from LIFT at this time.
– Chairs will be removed from certain areas to eliminate congregating.
– LIFT Academy will routinely clean and disinfect all frequently touched
surfaces in our facility.
– Disposable wipes are provided in classrooms, simulator rooms, aircraft
and briefing rooms. Please wipe down areas after every use.
– CFIs and students, wipe aircraft control surfaces and aircraft log books before and after each flight.
– Employees should routinely disinfect workstation (keyboard, phones,
– We discourage employees sharing workstations.